Creating the perfect kitchen together
- Save your favorite ewe images
- Upload your own inspirations
- Creat a kitchen Scrapbook
(A) This Notice
Summary – This Notice
This Notice explains how we Process Personal Data. This Notice may be amended or updated from time to time, so please check it regularly for updates.
This Notice is issued by each of the Controller entities listed in Section (R) below (together, "Nobia", "we", "us" and "our") and is addressed to individuals outside our organisation with whom we interact, including customers, visitors to our Sites, users of our Apps, other users of our products or services, and visitors to our premises (together, "you"). Defined terms used in this Notice are explained in Section (S) below.
This Notice may be amended or updated from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the Processing of Personal Data, or changes in applicable law. We encourage you to read this Notice carefully, and to regularly check this page to review any changes we might make in accordance with the terms of this Notice.
(B) Collection of Personal Data
Summary – Collection of Personal Data
We collect or obtain Personal Data: when those data are provided to us (e.g., where you contact us); in the course of our relationship with you (e.g., if you make a purchase); when you make Personal Data public (e.g., if you make a public post about us on social media); when you download, install, or use any of our Apps; when you visit our Sites; when you register to use any of our Sites, Apps, products, or services; or when you interact with any third party content or advertising on a Site or in an App. We may also receive Personal Data about you from third parties (e.g., law enforcement authorities).
Collection of Personal Data: We collect or obtain Personal Data about you from the following sources:
- Data provided to us: We obtain Personal Data when those data are provided to us (e.g., where you contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means, or when you provide us with your business card, or when you submit a job application).
- Relationship data: We collect or obtain Personal Data in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., we provide a service to you, or to your employer).
- Data you make public: We collect or obtain Personal Data that you manifestly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g., we may collect information from your social media profile(s), if you make a public post about us).
- App data: We collect or obtain Personal Data when you download or use any of our Apps.
- Site data: We collect or obtain Personal Data when you visit any of our Sites or use any features or resources available on or through a Site.
- Registration details: We collect or obtain Personal Data when you use, or register to use, any of our Sites, Apps, products, or services.
- Content and advertising information: If you interact with any third party content or advertising on a Site or in an App (including third party plugins and cookies) we receive Personal Data from the relevant third party provider of that content or advertising.
- Third party information: We collect or obtain Personal Data from third parties who provide it to us (e.g., credit reference agencies; law enforcement authorities; etc.).
(C) Creation of Personal Data
Summary – Creation of Personal Data
We create Personal Data about you (e.g., records of your interactions with us).
We also create Personal Data about you in certain circumstances, such as records of your interactions with us, and details of your purchase history.
(D) Categories of Personal Data we Process
Summary – Categories of Personal Data we Process
We Process: your personal details (e.g., your name); demographic data (e.g., your age); your contact details (e.g., your address); records of your consents; purchase details; payment details (e.g., your billing address); information about our Sites and Apps (e.g., the type of device you are using); details of your employer (where relevant); information about your interactions with our content or advertising; and any views or opinions you provide to us.
We Process the following categories of Personal Data about you:
- Personal details: given name(s); preferred name; and photograph.
- Demographic information: gender; nationality; salutation; title; and language preferences.
- Contact details: correspondence address; shipping address; telephone number; email address; details of Personal Assistants, where applicable; messenger app details; online messaging details; and social media details.
- Consent records: records of any consents you have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
- Purchase details: records of purchases and prices; consignee name, address, contact telephone number and email address; and installation instructions.
- Payment details: invoice records; payment records; billing address; payment method; payment amount; payment date; and records of cheques.
- Data relating to our Sites and Apps: device type; operating system; browser type; browser settings; IP address; language settings; dates and times of connecting to a Site; App usage statistics; App settings; dates and times of connecting to an App; location data, and other technical communications information (some of which may constitute Personal Data); username; password; security login details; usage data; aggregate statistical information.
- Employer details: where you interact with us in your capacity as an employee of a third party, the name, address, telephone number and email address of your employer, to the extent relevant.
- Content and advertising data: records of your interactions with our online advertising and content, records of advertising and content displayed on pages or App screens displayed to you, and any interaction you may have had with such content or advertising (e.g., mouse hover, mouse clicks, any forms you complete in whole or in part) and any touchscreen interactions.
- Views and opinions: any feedback you provide.
(E) Sensitive Personal Data
Summary – Sensitive Personal Data
We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process Sensitive Personal Data. Where we need to Process Sensitive Personal Data for a legitimate purpose, we do so in accordance with applicable law.
We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process Sensitive Personal Data in the ordinary course of our business. Where it becomes necessary to Process your Sensitive Personal Data for any reason, we rely on one of the following legal bases:
- Compliance with applicable law: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where the Processing is required or permitted by applicable law (e.g., to comply with our diversity reporting obligations);
- Detection and prevention of crime: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (e.g., the prevention of fraud);
- Establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights; or
- Consent: We may Process your Sensitive Personal Data where we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior, express consent prior to Processing your Sensitive Personal Data (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
If you provide Sensitive Personal Data to us, you must ensure that it is lawful for you to disclose such data to us, and you must ensure a valid legal basis applies to the Processing of those Sensitive Personal Data.
(F) Purposes of Processing and legal bases for Processing
Summary – Purposes of Processing and legal bases for Processing
We Process Personal Data for the following purposes: providing our Sites, Apps, products, and services to you; operating our business; communicating with you; managing our IT systems; health and safety; financial management; conducting surveys; ensuring the security of our premises and systems; conducting investigations where necessary; compliance with applicable law; improving our Sites, Apps, products, and services; fraud prevention; and recruitment and job applications.
The purposes for which we Process Personal Data, subject to applicable law, and the legal bases on which we perform such Processing, are as follows:
We have a legitimate interest in carrying out the Processing for the purpose of conducting surveys, satisfaction reports and market research (to the extent that such legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms); or
We have obtained your prior consent to the Processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
(G) Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
Summary – Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
We disclose Personal Data to: legal and regulatory authorities; our external advisors; our Processors; any party as necessary in connection with legal proceedings; any party as necessary for investigating, detecting or preventing criminal offences; any purchaser of our business; and any third party providers of advertising, plugins or content used on our Sites or our Apps.
We disclose Personal Data to other entities within the Nobia group, for legitimate business purposes and the operation of our Sites, Apps, products, or services to you), in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we disclose your Personal Data to:
- you and, where appropriate, your appointed representatives;
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors to Nobia, subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- third party Processors (such as payment services providers; shipping companies; etc.), located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted below in this Section (G);
- any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties;
- any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); and
We may engage third-party Processors to Process your Personal Data. These include marketing service providers (print and distribution, social media, media agencies and advertising agencies), and IT service providers. If we do so, the Processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only Process the Personal Data in accordance with our prior written instructions; and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data; together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
(H) International transfer of Personal Data
Summary – International transfer of Personal Data
We transfer Personal Data to recipients in other countries. Where we transfer Personal Data from the EEA to a recipient outside the EEA that is not in an Adequate Jurisdiction, we do so on the basis of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Because of the international nature of our business, we transfer Personal Data within the Nobia group, and to third parties as noted in Section (G) above, in connection with the purposes set out in this Notice. For this reason, we transfer Personal Data to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located.
Where we transfer your Personal Data from the EEA to recipients located outside the EEA who are not in Adequate Jurisdictions, we do so on the basis of the EU-US Privacy Shield. You are entitled to request a copy of our EU-US Privacy Shield certification using the contact details provided in Section (R) below.
Please note that when you transfer any Personal Data directly to a Nobia entity established outside the EEA, we are not responsible for that transfer of your Personal Data. We will nevertheless Process your Personal Data, from the point at which we receive those data, in accordance with the provisions of this Notice.
(I) Data security
Summary – Data security
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Data. Please ensure that any Personal Data that you send to us are sent securely.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised access, and other unlawful or unauthorised forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement all reasonable measures to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet – any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Data that you send to us are sent securely.
(J) Data accuracy
Summary – Data accuracy
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data are kept accurate and up-to-date and are erased or rectified if we become aware of inaccuracies.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that:
• your Personal Data that we Process are accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; and
• any of your Personal Data that we Process that are inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are Processed) are erased or rectified without undue delay.
From time to time we may ask you to confirm the accuracy of your Personal Data.
(K) Data minimisation
Summary – Data minimisation
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your Personal Data that we Process to what is necessary.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data that we Process are limited to the Personal Data reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Notice.
(L) Data retention
Summary – Data retention
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data are only retained for as long as they are needed in connection with a lawful purpose.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data are only Processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. The criteria for determining the duration for which we will retain your Personal Data are as follows:
(1) we will retain Personal Data in a form that permits identification only for as long as:
(a) we maintain an ongoing relationship with you (e.g., where you are a user of our services, or you are lawfully included in our mailing list and have not unsubscribed); or
(b) your Personal Data are necessary in connection with the lawful purposes set out in this Notice, for which we have a valid legal basis (e.g., where your personal data are included in a contract between us and your employer, and we have a legitimate interest in processing those data for the purposes of operating our business and fulfilling our obligations under that contract; or where we have a legal obligation to retain your Personal Data),
(2) the duration of:
(a) any applicable limitation period under applicable law (i.e., any period during which any person could bring a legal claim against us in connection with your Personal Data, or to which your Personal Data are relevant); and
(b) an additional two (2) month period following the end of such applicable limitation period (so that, if a person brings a claim at the end of the limitation period, we are still afforded a reasonable amount of time in which to identify any Personal Data that are relevant to that claim),
(3) in addition, if any relevant legal claims are brought, we continue to Process Personal Data for such additional periods as are necessary in connection with that claim.
During the periods noted in paragraphs (2)(a) and (2)(b) above, we will restrict our Processing of your Personal Data to storage of, and maintaining the security of, those data, except to the extent that those data need to be reviewed in connection with any legal claim, or any obligation under applicable law.
Once the periods in paragraphs (1), (2) and (3) above, each to the extent applicable, have concluded, we will either:
- permanently delete or destroy the relevant Personal Data; or
- anonymize the relevant Personal Data.
(M) Your legal rights
Summary – Your legal rights
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights, including: the right not to provide your Personal Data to us; the right of access to your Personal Data; the right to request rectification of inaccuracies; the right to request the erasure, or restriction of Processing, of your Personal Data; the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data; the right to have your Personal Data transferred to another Controller; the right to withdraw consent; and the right to lodge complaints with Data Protection Authorities. In some cases it will be necessary to provide evidence of your identity before we can give effect to these rights.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights regarding the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data:
- the right not to provide your Personal Data to us (however, please note that we will be unable to provide you with the full benefit of our Sites, Apps, products, or services, if you do not provide us with your Personal Data – e.g., we might not be able to process your requests without the necessary details);
- the right to request access to, or copies of, your Relevant Personal Data, together with information regarding the nature, Processing and disclosure of those Relevant Personal Data;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Relevant Personal Data;
- the right to request, on legitimate grounds:
- o erasure of your Relevant Personal Data; or
- o restriction of Processing of your Relevant Personal Data;
- the right to have certain Relevant Personal Data transferred to another Controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to the extent applicable;
- where we Process your Relevant Personal Data on the basis of your consent, the right to withdraw that consent (noting that such withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of any Processing performed prior to the date on which we receive notice of such withdrawal, and does not prevent the Processing of your Personal Data in reliance upon any other available legal bases); and
- the right to lodge complaints regarding the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data with a Data Protection Authority (in particular, the Data Protection Authority of the EU Member State in which you live, or in which you work, or in which the alleged infringement occurred, each if applicable).
Subject to applicable law, you may also have the following additional rights regarding the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data:
• the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data by us or on our behalf; and
• the right to object to the Processing of your Relevant Personal Data by us or on our behalf for direct marketing purposes.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
To exercise one or more of these rights, or to ask a question about these rights or any other provision of this Notice, or about our Processing of your Personal Data, please use the contact details provided in Section (R) below. Please note that:
- in some cases it will be necessary to provide evidence of your identity before we can give effect to these rights; and
- where your request requires the establishment of additional facts (e.g., a determination of whether any Processing is non-compliant with applicable law) we will investigate your request reasonably promptly, before deciding what action to take.
(N) Cookies and similar technologies
Summary – Cookies and similar technologies
(P) Direct marketing
Summary – Direct marketing
We Process Personal Data to contact you with information regarding Sites, Apps, products, or services that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe for free at any time.
We Process Personal Data to contact you via email, telephone, direct mail or other communication formats to provide you with information regarding Sites, Apps, products, or services that may be of interest to you. If we provide Sites, Apps, products, or services to you, we may send information to you regarding our Sites, Apps, products, or services, upcoming promotions and other information that may be of interest to you, using the contact details that you have provided to us, subject always to obtaining your prior opt-in consent to the extent required under applicable law.
You may unsubscribe from our promotional email list at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link included in every promotional email we send. After you unsubscribe, we will not send you further promotional emails, but in some circumstances we will continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any Sites, Apps, products, or services you have requested.
(Q) Details of Controllers
Summary – Details of Controllers
There are several Nobia entities that act as Controllers for the purposes of this Privacy Notice.
For the purposes of this Notice, the relevant Controllers are:
EWE Küchen Gesellschaft m.b.H.
Werner Unterfurtner, MSc
Tel. +43 (0) 7242 / 237-0
Klarabergsviadukten 70, A5, Stockholm
P.O Box 70376, SE-107 24 Stockholm
Tel. +46 8 440 16 00
- “App” means any application made available by us (including where we make such applications available via third party stores or marketplaces, or by any other means).
- “Adequate Jurisdiction” means a jurisdiction that has been formally designated by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for Personal Data.
- “Cookie” means a small file that is placed on your device when you visit a website (including our Sites). In this Notice, a reference to a “Cookie” includes analogous technologies such as web beacons and clear GIFs.
- “Controller”means the entity that decides how and why Personal Data are Processed. In many jurisdictions, the Controller has primary responsibility for complying with applicable data protection laws.
- “Data Protection Authority” means an independent public authority that is legally tasked with overseeing compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- “EEA” means the European Economic Area.
- “Personal Data” means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
- “Process”, “Processing” or “Processed”means anything that is done with any Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- “Processor”means any person or entity that Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller (other than employees of the Controller).
- “Profiling” means any form of automated Processing of Personal Data consisting of the use of Personal Data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
- “Relevant Personal Data” means Personal Data in respect of which we are the Controller.
- “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, national identification number, or any other information that are deemed to be sensitive under applicable law.
- “Standard Contractual Clauses” means template transfer clauses adopted by the European Commission or adopted by a Data Protection Authority and approved by the European Commission.
- “Site”means any website operated, or maintained, by us or on our behalf.
Last update: May 2018